Here are the Ten Essential Emotional Realities that contributed to my survival:
1. Nowhere To Run To: facing your own reality honestly.
2. Hearing Your Own Heart: the gospel impulse says that it's not what happens to you, it's how you handle it. We will take this pain and suffering and turn it into something that endures or lives on through others should I die.
3. Surrendering Just Enough To Fight On: the paradox of survival and the possibility of grace in your case.
4. Hearing Your Own Music: move in step with yourself.
5. Friendship & Faith: taking others as they are and accepting help.
6. Heat and Passion: love of living despite the pain.
7. Peripheral Spiritual Vision: there’s more than meets the eye.
8. Anger and Impatience: Only The Pissed Survive.
9. Wearing Your Will Like Armor: determination & accepting the paradox that we are born to die. So we really live while we’re alive.
10. Surviving Survival: Learning To Laugh at Yourself.